ICSC is looking for a Publications intern for Summer 2016!
The ICSC Publications team is small and the intern gets to work closely with the director. Also, there are many opportunities coordinated by the Leadership Development office within ICSC to go on “informational-interviews”, talk with the CEO, and contribute to the company blog (for byline credit). There are lots of opportunities for students looking to get experience in publishing.
It’s full-time, and paid: https://www.internships.com/publishing/publications-internship-i5230416
Deadline: April 30
• Assist in coordinating production of books, newsletters and other publications by trafficking materials, corresponding with vendors, authors and reviewers, and securing supporting materials, such as permissions and artwork.
• Specifically, assist in the editorial production of the Retail Law Strategist newsletter—September 2015.
• Help review digital conversions of new ebooks on various eReading devices.
• Proofread/edit misc. copy, including page proofs, cover copy, and promotional materials.
• Review online Bookstore pages and make recommendations.
• Provide general departmental support as necessary, such as applying for copyright registrations, distributing publications internally, organizing books for meetings, etc.
• Excellent command of English language and grammar
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word
• Knowledge of proofreading and copy editing marks a plus
About ICSC Founded in 1957, ICSC is the premier global trade association of the shopping center industry. Its nearly 60,000 members in over 90 countries include shopping center owners, developers, managers, marketing specialists, investors, retailers and brokers, as well as academics and public officials. As the global industry trade association, ICSC links with more than 25 national and regional shopping center councils throughout the world. For more information, visit www.icsc.org.