SPARK451® – Proofreader/Copy Editor – Part-time
A full-service marketing and communications company—a dynamic and experienced team of creative, yet practical thinkers. Our approach combines creative excellence with clear strategy to produce exceptional results. We are founded on the simple belief that the smallest spark can ignite a great flame. Our clients range from corporations to top-tier universities and we accommodate their needs with innovative and results-driven marketing solutions.
* A lover of the English language with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or a related field
* A trained copy editor and an experienced proofreader
* An expert on spelling and grammar with a great eye for consistency and flow
* Familiar with both Chicago and A.P. Style
* Someone who understands context for different kinds of content and various nuances required to communicate effectively: print, websites, landing pages, emails, social media posts, advertising and more
* Detail-oriented, a skilled multitasker, and able to perform well under tight deadlines
* Devoted to delivering clean, engaging and error-free copy
* A team player who is comfortable working closely with writers, other editors, and project managers in a highly collaborative environment
What you’ll do in this role.
* Copy edit, fact-check and proofread a wide variety of content
* Eliminate all spelling, grammatical, typographical and factual errors
* Ensure that copy is consistent throughout each piece, and meets the client’s specific needs in keeping with existing brand messaging
* Occasional writing assignments may be necessary
Send your résumé and a cover letter demonstrating why you’re right for this position to email@example.com. Additional writing samples are welcome. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All submissions will be kept in confidence.
For more information, see – SPARK 451