Here’s the call for a Critical Reading, Writing and Thinking Conference co-sponsored by St. John’s, Berkeley College and Iona College: Call for Proposals 2014 CCRWT
The Consortium for Critical Reading, Writing, and Thinking
Saturday, October 25, 2014
New York, NY
Sponsored by Berkeley College, St. John’s University, and Iona College
This interdisciplinary conference invites presentation proposals on pedagogy and improved student learning as they relate to the teaching and learning of critical reading, writing, and thinking in higher education.
What are the specific challenges, successful practices, and methodologies inherent to your field(s)?
Presentation topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Unpacking the Literacies and Identities of Students Entering the Classroom
- Grading and Assessment
- Issues Around Globalism Within Teaching and Learning
- Innovative and Progressive Pedagogy
- Academic Integrity
- Fostering Improved Literacy and Critical Engagement in the Online Classroom
- Teaching to Multiple Literacies
- Discipline-Specific (e.g. English, Business, History) Approaches to Writing Instruction and
- Understanding Student Demographics in Teaching and Learning
Proposals may be disciplinary, interdisciplinary, or multidisciplinary in nature.
Leave a Reply