Commonweal Internships available for
Application deadline: January 15.
Each semester, Commonweal offers internships to up-and-coming young writers, journalists, theologians, marketers, and critics. We are currently welcoming applications for the spring of 2020.
Interns have the opportunity to explore Commonweal’s editorial, marketing, development, and digital work, depending on their interest and background. Responsibilities include:
- Writing original content for Commonweal‘s website or print magazine
- Assisting with website curation and research, including art and archival collection
- Preparing content for publication using an online content management system (CMS).
- Assisting in editorial planning and production of The Commonweal Podcast.
- Creating and planning content for social media.
Start and end dates are flexible, with modest stipends offered to help defray living and commuting expenses. Spring and fall interns can be full time (Monday through Thursday) or part-time, depending on the candidate’s availability. Summer interns must be available full time.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and at least two samples of original writing to email@example.com. The application deadline for spring 2020 is January 15. We are also accepting applications for Summer 2020 at this time, with a deadline of March 31.
If you have any questions about our Internship or College Subscription Program, please contact Milton Javier Bravo at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, please follow this link to Commonweal’s website.