About Stockton University:
Stockton University is an innovative liberal arts, natural sciences, and professional studies university and is currently ranked among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. The University is located on 1600 acres within the Pinelands National Reserve in southern coastal New Jersey. The campus is about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. Stockton University is known for distinctive academic programs and an interdisciplinary approach to learning and scholarship.
Prospective fellows can apply to spend one or two semesters at Stockton. The stipend for this position is $11,000.00 per term. In return for this support, fellows are expected to:
- Teach one course per semester of the fellowship (course to be determined in coordination with the program hosting the fellow).
- Hold a campus-wide event (such as a lecture, exhibition, or program) in an area of their academic interest.
In addition, fellows will receive office space and a computer as well as regular mentoring sessions with their host program and Dean. They are also encouraged to attend programs sponsored by Stockton’s Institute for Faculty Development. For additional details about the program, click here for our list of Frequency Asked Questions.
Applications should consist of:
- Online application form
- A letter of intent (describing the emerging scholar’s background, approach to teaching, interest in Stockton, and the type of anticipated contributions the emerging scholar will make to the program/School/campus).
- A copy of a sample syllabus for the course the emerging scholar plans to teach.
- An updated curriculum vitae.
Applications will be considered each semester (and are due by the second week in November and March respectively). The number of positions and fields varies by year. Applicants are encouraged to explore the Stockton website (http://www.stockton.edu) to learn more about the university’s programs, mission, and values.
For more information, please contact:
Executive Assistant to the Provost
see original post: http://intraweb.stockton.edu/eyos/page.cfm?siteID=209&pageID=162