The MA in Writing program in the Advanced Academic Programs in the Zanvyl-Krieger School of Arts and Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure-track, 12-month faculty position as Assistant Director. The program has approximately 150 – 200 students. The Assistant Director will report to the Academic Program Director, and will possess the following instructional and administrative responsibilities and skills for:
- teaching a minimum of 5 graduate courses, including required and core courses, throughout the academic year, including the summer;
- sitting on thesis committees;
- advising current students;
- assisting with ongoing curriculum development and revision;
- assisting with scheduling courses;
- helping identify, train, monitor, and evaluate faculty members;
- supporting program promotion activities, including outreach to prospective students and partners through open houses, recruitment events, materials development;
- serving on committees for the MA in Writing program or Advanced Academic Programs;
- assisting with alumni relations;
- responding to inquiries from prospective students and others;
- participating in admissions committees;
- coordinating with staff in student and faculty services, marketing, finance, and enrollment-services departments.
The ideal candidate will have an MFA in creative writing with an emphasis on nonfiction, or a related advanced degree, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Additional qualifications in writing and teaching journalism would be an asset, as would having multi-media experience, including teaching and developing online courses in Blackboard. Any one or more of the following skills would also be welcomed: dramatic writing, professional writing, editing and publishing.
We are actively seeking to expand the diversity of our faculty.
For best consideration, please apply online by September 26, 2016. Submit your application online only at https://apply.interfolio.com/36834 including cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
– See more at: https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000327189-01#sthash.yo9ziySK.dpuf