NCS Development and Communications Department Internship
Administrative Offices, Manhattan
The Neighborhood Coalition for Shelter (NCS) is dedicated to providing housing and support that can transform lives. Together with its partners in the community, NCS’s dedicated board, staff and volunteers demonstrate what neighbors can do to reduce, prevent and ultimately end homelessness.
NCS has a wonderful opportunity for a young man or woman to intern in their Development and Communications department. The intern will gain valuable nonprofit development and communications experience and will become well versed in using social networking and other on-line vehicles to expand a support base and raise awareness. A minimum of 10-12 hours per week is suggested.
During this 3-6 month unpaid internship, you will help NCS connect and further engage donors and volunteers by marketing the NCS brand and message through online vehicles.
- Assist in the maintenance of NCS’s on-line presence on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, and on our Website by securing and posting content.
- Create and format electronic newsletters; write stories and secure photos.
- Assist in creation of online marketing materials.
- Monitor social networking strategies in the nonprofit industry; report on trends and best practices.
- Monitor news sites, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for articles and postings connected to our work and suggest social media responses.
- Assist in creating and executing strategies to reach a younger population.
- Market special events through multiple media channels.
- Participate in maintenance of database so as to effectively communicate with various stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to learn about NCS programs that serve homeless and formerly homeless individuals.
- Ability to apply social networking skills in various media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn).
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; Google and other online research.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database (or similar fundraising software) a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail required.
- Ability to respond well to guidance and supervision, coupled with the ability to work independently.
Compensation: Unpaid, but will provide college credit.
How to Apply:
Interested parties should send their resume and a cover note to: Marianne Howard firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Leave a Reply