Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Black Arts
The Black Arts Initiative at NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY invites applications for a two-year Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Black Arts. PhD must be completed by September 1,2016. Recent Ph.D.s (degree granted during or after 2012) with a research focus on, or who do creative scholarship
within African American and African diasporic arts and aesthetics, are encouraged to apply. This fellowship is residential and provides a competitive stipend and benefits, a visiting appointment in the Department of Performance Studies with affiliate status in African-American Studies. The postdoctoral experience includes teaching two classes to be cross-listed in the departments most proximate to the fellow’s expertise; a scholarly or creative presentation of the research; and
participation in the intellectual life of the Black Arts Initiative and the University.
Applicants should submit one copy of:
1) a current curriculum vitae,
2) a letter of application detailing the research project to be undertaken during the fellowship years,
3) a sample of scholarly writing (no more than 25 pages),
4) evidence relating to the quality of teaching (syllabi
and teaching evaluations),
5) three letters of recommendation (including one letter
from the dissertation advisor)
Applications should be submitted electronically to:
no later than March 11,2016.
Questions may be directed at email@example.com.
Northwestern University is an EEO/AA employer.