Editorial Assistant job, working with a SJU BA/MA English graduate, Angie Raza (formerly Angie Lalla). If you’re interested, please get in touch with her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
RIMSports is seeking a highly motivated individual with an interest in fitness, online marketing
and ecommerce for a remote part-time editorial position. This role will allow the individual to
participate in all areas of our businesses’ online publications and platforms as part of our
Production and Marketing Department team. Although the position emphasizes editorial and
proofreading work, there will be opportunities for light writing and research as well.
• Writing, copy editing and fact checking blog posts;
• Writing, copy editing and fact checking product listings;
• Copy editing and preparing social media posts;
• Copy editing and preparing press releases;
• Working with team to develop marketing material;
• Carrying administrative tasks;
• Conducting product, SEO, and keyword research;
Duties May Include:
• Assisting other members of the Production and Marketing Department;
• Researching trends and topics in the fitness sector;
• Writing articles, blogs, blurbs, social media posts for rimsports.com;
• Selection and digital manipulation of images for marketing purposes;
• Writing engaging customer service emails to attract customers;
• Assisting the team with miscellaneous writing and editing tasks as necessary.
The Editorial Assistant Intern reports to the Operations Manager.
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
• Ability to type 40+ wpm.
• Strong Internet research skills.
• Familiarity with AP, MLA, Chicago style.
• Strong interest in Fitness.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively on a team.
• Familiarity with MACs and MS Word.
• Familiarity with Shopify desired, but not required.
RIMSports allows for a flexible schedule and are more interested in the completion of tasks.
However, there will be set deadlines and we will require a certain amount of hours per week as
well as a dedicated time of availability to converse with team members.
This is an hourly part-time position that requires a minimum of 4-5 hours a week.
Exposure to the ecommerce and fitness industry and job skills development. Relevant skills in
emergent online platforms. An opportunity to become an expert in your craft.
Send a cover letter, resume and three nonfiction writing samples or of no more than 500 words
Please put “Editorial Assitant” as the subject header. We will contact you only if you have been selected for an interview.