“The Learning Commons Writing Support Services ESL Specialist reports to the Coordinator and assists with the administration and development of the writing services program. The Learning Commons ESL Specialist will support the needs of ESL students within the Pace community by developing specialized training for writing tutors and targeted workshops for students. A secondary focus of the position is to provide tutoring sessions either by appointment or for walk-in students for both graduate and undergraduate students. The Learning Commons ESL Specialist will work to continuously adapt and grow the writing services program to meet the needs of the entire university.”
Pace University is seeking an ESL Specialist who will provide direct support to students and student tutors; through training tutors in ESL pedagogy, supporting workshops and embedded tutoring, and working with faculty to assess student needs and develop supports. For the full list of this position’s duties follow this link.
As this is a part-time position, this position requires no more than 20 hours per week with some evening and weekend hours.
Qualifications for Position:
- Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred; maybe in progress) in English, ESL/ELL, Composition, Rhetoric, and/or Writing Studies
- Previous teaching/tutoring experience preferred.
- Experience working with ESL/ELL students
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to motivate and encourage students.
- Able to communicate with academic staff, advisors, and professors
- Able to work in person on campus for all assigned hours as needed.
- The desire to help others and the ability to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness, actively promoting diversity.