In Cooperation with the College of Professional Studies /
Division of Mass Communications, Journalism, Television, and Film
Communications Arts (COM)
Course No. 5001, 5002, 5003, 5004 / Credits: 3
Prerequisite: Permission of the director.
Fall 2014–Spring 2015
DESCRIPTION: This internship in the Office of Marketing and Communications provides the professional communications writing experience. Students will fulfill these responsibilities:
- Write news articles and University profiles (interview subjects, conduct research, and create compelling stories) for publication on college landing pages and in print newsletters.
- Cover selected University, college, and departmental events; interview organizers and participants for background information and quotes.
- Edit selected “write-ups” provided to Account Directors by individual clients, as determined by supervisor.
- Assist with various other writing assignments (e.g., ads, e-mails, etc.) as determined by supervisor.
* Students seeking academic credit must be approved by the college/department.
Please contact Barry Moskovitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.