The Career Development Boot Camp at the 2020 MLA Annual Convention in Seattle guides current graduate students as they explore their many career options. Please tell your students about the opportunity to apply for the boot camp!
Applicants are asked to apply online by 15 October 2019.
The twenty fellows selected for the boot camp will learn about tools and strategies for effective career planning and how to develop their professional identities. Fellows bring back experience and information that can help other students in their departments with their career development needs.
Boot camp activities include
- an orientation and welcome dinner on Wednesday, 8 January 2020
- a site visit to Seattle City Hall
- a career development convention track of workshops, panels, and events
- private discussion and debriefing sessions led by Chris Golde and Stacy Hartman, humanities careers professionals
- hands-on guidance and mentorship offered by alumni of the MLA’s Connected Academics program
- opportunities to network with PhDs working outside the academy
All participants receive a $400 travel grant from the MLA. Participants are expected to request matching funds from their home departments and are responsible for arranging their own travel and accommodations.
Please forward this e-mail and share our flyer with your faculty members and doctoral students.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply